Apr 19 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Old Sweater  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:54:30 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Slice/  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:00:38 AM(UTC)
Slice/

Mark Kraus and Derek Brown were reffing the match as you can see on the video. I told Kraus I hope he was getting more than $2 per player for reffing and he said that both were supposed to get 1% or $200 each for reffing per money man Allen Reece. After losing the match cheapskate pulled Derek Brown aside 2 hours later and said they were paying nothing because it appeared they were paid off by the other team causing him to lose $10,000. What a piece of shit!!!!!!!! I didn’t see any evidence of that in the entire match. Nobody seemed to complain about much of anything and the two time calls that were made were against the other team. Did I mention what a piece of shit Allen Reece is right now? Great way to try and get Foos back to something meaningful.
Slice/  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:04:54 AM(UTC)
Slice/

Of course I do also question why the winner didn’t pay at least $100 each. If it is agreed that $200 each is supposed to be paid then it should be split up amongst both parties involved in the big bet match!
Old Sweater  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:28:33 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

I’d have to be flat broke to ref a $20,000 match because you know there is a good chance the losers are going to blame you for the loss. It’s easier to point a finger than accept the loss for a lot of players.

Ever since I seen this bet on Facebook I was hoping the $20,000 wasn’t just show money to generate interest for the PPV streaming.

In the pool halls it was customary for the winners to cover the tips for a 3rd party like holder of the money. I don’t remember any gambling match using refs.

Edited by user Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:36:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

autechre  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:10:18 PM(UTC)
autechre

Personally, i was hoping bruce and alan would win but please, don't think someone is a good ref because you know them or you know their name. There are very few good refs and even good refs have a hard time a lot because reffing foosball can be extremely hard. There are all kinds of morons who don't understand that.

i just opened the video and clicked at 14 minutes and quickly somethign happened and it sounds like someone said jar but play wasn't stopped and if a jar was called it should have gone to jamie's 3 bar. I don't know if mark said it or someone else but he jarred him.

It happens at 14:55

?t=881
Slice/  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:57:17 AM(UTC)
Slice/

I couldn’t hear if somebody said jar but it did look like a jar and it ended up on Jamie’s 5-bar and he passed it to his 3-bar and scored so at least it didn’t cost him.
My biggest point of contention is that it was agreed upon before the match that the refs would get paid $200 each and then that deal was reneged on 2 hours after the match was over. I don’t think the refs were unfair, they did their job, and the match was very competitive and cordial. It really was a good match. Why end it by not sticking to your agreement. Moral of the story I guess is ‘get your money up front before you ref’. Allen needs to make good on his agreement.