May 16 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
mateo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:53:05 PM(UTC)
mateo

I use to play a bit years ago hanging with some friends that played a lot around town here, like lamplighter, pinkys oh geez that was a long time ago. Trying to sort out the the weekly tournaments im reading about on here. What's a good weekly for a beginner to show up to? I live up in Pine but come to Denver here and there for work.

Also, I want to pick up a table for my office. I ran across a table at a party and they guy called me wanting to sell as he's moving. It's a grey marble, i don't think a limited, a little bar beat, some laminate chips on cab and the right back hinge was bent was making the mech stick, shittly lock hasp. Anyway played ok for being dirty i know it could be cleaned up nice, no bent bars, actually not even sticky. It's obvious he bought it from someone like game exchange with the shuffle, anyone want that he's selling it too? i'm thinking that $400 would be a fair price, wondering if you guys can give any insight.

thanks!
Mateo

UserPostedImage
vanwilder  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:59:59 AM(UTC)
vanwilder

Man

Hello!

I'm pretty new also but have really enjoyed the community. For beginner tournaments I would recommend the Balloon Inn (Arvada) on Mondays and Odd13 Brewery (Lafayette) on Thursdays. Balloon Inn also has a tournament on Thursdays since Lafayette is a bit far for you. The Rockin R (Lakewood) has tournaments on Saturday and Monday however these are some of the best players around and I would rate those as advanced.

As far as the table I can not speak to any expert level but from what I have browsed new and used that seems like a fair price, I would consider paying that for the condition of the table posted in the picture.

Best of luck and hope to see you around.
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:10:20 AM(UTC)

I agree with all that advice. Offer $350 and see what happens
mateo  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 4:47:23 AM(UTC)
mateo

thanks for the tourney info, that is very useful. Odd13 would be awesome and i have a weak spot for few of their beers. The others are very doable distance wise too.

Thanks also for the table info, that is the actual table in the photo. I'll hit him with $350 see what happens. The problem with people like him is he probably paid 1k for it from a retail game place, thinks it's gold lol.
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 11:40:09 AM(UTC)

If that's the case then he can keep it. You need to find out how badly he wants to get rid of it. Try to find flaws such as bent rods and chipped goal openings.
mateo  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:17:24 PM(UTC)
mateo

Yeah, if the price is right i'll do it, i'm not going to overpay. I have been toying with just getting a new one anyway. My cousin is an operator and can get me one at his cost.
BigBaller  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:32:33 PM(UTC)
BigBaller

Man

I would really look very hard at that table before purchase. From that picture it looks like the table hinges are bent or something funky is going on back there. It looks like there a huge gap between the two table half's towards the black guys side (where the hinges are). If that is the case I would look else where. Just remember you get what you pay for.

BB
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 4:43:29 PM(UTC)

Oh yeah I see that now. I wonder if that would be hard to fix.
Slice/  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:12:53 PM(UTC)
Slice/

Originally Posted by: 777 Go to Quoted Post
Oh yeah I see that now. I wonder if that would be hard to fix.

Your 2-bar and 3-bar would think it would be a super easy fix in comparison.
fooz@q.com  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 12:29:12 AM(UTC)
fooz@q.com

A good weekly tournament for a beginner to show up to?

Welcome to the Monday Night Beginner and Rookie Draw at the Balloon Inn, in Arvada, Colorado. The best and longest-running Rookie foosball tournament in the country.

Five bucks to get in, sign-up at seven o'clock, prizes are 150% or entries or more.

And keep an eye out for our special events, last year we paid out over $800 on our biggest Rookie Draw of the year, and sponsored two players to a national tour event in Colorado Springs.

The Balloon Inn is at 6440 Wadsworth Blvd. in Arvada.

Doug Wennerstrom
Tournament Director
(720) 412-2719
DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 12:31:53 AM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

Oh My...

Trashy
BigBaller  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 1:57:08 AM(UTC)
BigBaller

Man

Quote:
Welcome to the Monday Night Beginner and Rookie Draw at the Balloon Inn, in Arvada, Colorado. The best and longest-running Rookie foosball tournament in the country.

Is this a fact or just spewing out more stupid shit? Oh yeah where's my fucking letter? Serious stay away from the playgrounds and getting my letter.
mateo  
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 7:38:43 PM(UTC)
mateo

Thanks for the thoughts on the game guys. Done deal $350 no haggling even helped load it up. The reason the back was shifted is there were no nuts on the hinges and they were opening the top all the time to retrieve the same 2$ of quarters to drop balls :-0 hinges were tweaked a bit, will be an easy fix, parts already ordered. Routed hard but will clean up just fine for my pedestrian skills and entertainment.
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 8:08:00 PM(UTC)

Well done! Maybe we'll see you this evening.