May 16 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 4:22:27 PM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

Why is it considered brilliant and smart play when Peyton Manning uses a hurry up
offense to take advantage of the defense and keep them on their heels?

But in foosball you're considered a "Bar Hack"? Where in the rules
is it said that the "Bar Hack" has to wait on their opponent to be ready in transition?

DJTrashyCurious
Old Sweater  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 4:58:11 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Because it is a tradition handed down by British soldiers during the revolutionary war that stood in the open while being pelted by arrows from Native Americans. IMO, Box is Box. Only world beaters can play the Billy Jack approach which is, I can kick you in the face and there ain't nothing you can do about it. To many foosers IMO, think they're Billy Jack while wearing a green foosball belt, therefore they label the more dynamic player a hack.

Edited by user Sunday, December 8, 2013 5:17:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FooserX  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 5:08:55 PM(UTC)
FooserX

Originally Posted by: DJ Trash-O-Matic Go to Quoted Post
Why is it considered brilliant and smart play when Peyton Manning uses a hurry up

is it said that the "Bar Hack" has to wait on their opponent to be ready in transition?

DJTrashyCurious

Your analogy would be more accurate if in it, Peyton did the hurry up every snap while the defense was already totally set.

X
"When I get to the table, that person, I don't care who they are, they're my mortal enemy. I hate them. " - John Grizzly
DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 5:20:22 PM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

Hmmm.... The opponent not being set is not my problem in transition.
Just like the other team in football being caught w/ too many players on the field
is not Peyton's problem.

I'd say it's very accurate, except I can't here all the complaining
on the tv when Peyton takes advantage of a sluggish defense.
I thinking it's because the crowd is too loud. I guess I left that part out. :)

DJTrashyHurryHurry
Old Sweater  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 5:57:21 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

No D substitution = genius!
jediR.O.T.N.  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:50:49 PM(UTC)
jediR.O.T.N.

Originally Posted by: DJ Trash-O-Matic Go to Quoted Post

DJTrashyCurious

Hahaha..the second paragraph has always been my debate for 40+ years, that stands against the standard set up rule of thumb. Of all the players out there, im the poster player, and of course victorious for the quick shooting offense that drills the sitting duck defense. Even when and if the defense is set and ready, I can still hit the goal at will with some kind of off hand unexspected stroke in the goal. As Sweater said" Box is Box. Now as for me, I dont carry the billy jack mind set, with maybe the exception that im going to apply a rod to rod table combination and theres nothing you can do about it. I think more along the lines of the brutal mind set of Bruce Lee. "THE WAY OF THE INTERCEPTING FIST", but in this game, the ball. Im just a firm believer in the format of FREE STYLE. One of my favorite formats of this game we play is 2on1, because theres nothing like it, that allows a style as in jedi style to
twist the 2 player team into knots of confusion.

When players stand against me to battle me, they never know what to exspect from me. Even going to the extent of hitting and scoring the ball off their defensive men.. lol..OUCH "now that hurts don't it!

Well I could go on and on with this Bar Hack debate. But ill see where this goes for now. But its just some food for THOUGHT, because ive been spanking colo with so called Bar Hack for a solid 13 years now..I think its time for players to rethink the set up rule of taking your time. Shit! By the time it takes most of you to score 1 point from a set spot, I could score 2 points from 2 balls served in play.

Jedi

Edited by user Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:54:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Foosball,the #1 brutal & corrupted game of rank on earth,
ruled & Controlled on & off the table.
Sith R.O.T.S.  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 12:42:37 AM(UTC)
Sith R.O.T.S.

Said what?

It's on sucka

;*p
jediR.O.T.N.  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 3:17:09 AM(UTC)
jediR.O.T.N.

Originally Posted by: Sith R.O.T.S. Go to Quoted Post
Said what?

It's on sucka

;*p

LMJAO...next to come out of the air waves will be Yoda, and Obi-wan-ka-nobi..
Actually im wondering why its taking so long for some player to chime in as Darth- Vador.
Next thing you know 50% of the forum will consist of enough player characters to launch a Star Wars event tournament.. are there any volunteer's for the log In name of princess Leia?
After all, theres a jediROTN from the darkside floating around here from time to time from the planet Xerox!

Jedi

Edited by user Monday, December 9, 2013 3:24:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Next Level  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 9:29:27 PM(UTC)
Next Level

Poll:

Who is the best Bar Hack in CO?

Jedi?
Trashy?

Lets make this match happen!! :D

I kid, I kid, I kid, I kid.

I think I'm the only on on the board who recently has said the term "Bar Hack", so I think I need to fill in more info. I don't consider you a hack. Do you?

Trashy, come visit your sister in Breck. We will go out for a night of foosing, and I will show you some true "Bar Hacks". They play foos all the time, but there is nothing refined about their game. Rules don't mean much to them. They'll jar every single pass you do, and bumpers are broken on most tables because of their rough play. They might even use stimulants to try to make themselves play better.

Lets make it happen, it'll be fun.

NLRK
Old Sweater  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:17:58 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

ROTS=Jake Drummond(Springs not Counted) even if a player from a different district beat Drummond in a tournament dubbed ROTS.

ROCS=? Over the last dozen or so years? Garret, Bart or Curt? I don't think Mark R has been active enough. Who has the most wins?

Edited by user Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:23:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Old Sweater  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:28:53 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Trashy, come visit your sister in Breck. We will go out for a night of foosing, and I will show you some true "Bar Hacks". They play foos all the time, but there is nothing refined about their game. Rules don't mean much to them. They'll jar every single pass you do, and bumpers are broken on most tables because of their rough play. They might even use stimulants to try to make themselves play better.

That didn't bother Roger at the Sloan Lake TableSteaks. It's a bar, bar rules apply.
DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:49:44 AM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

Bar rules in Junction were always no 5 bar shots and every point has to be clean.
I would imagine that's the norm everywhere.

I know what you're saying RK. Junction has always had it's share of those types of players.

Breck is too damn cold for me.
So is Junction right now.

As far as Miller he has beaten me more for sure.

TrashyHackster
jediR.O.T.N.  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:38:12 AM(UTC)
jediR.O.T.N.

Who is the best bar hack in Colorado?

Well here is my opinion. Now most would think and consider my style of play to be a bar hack style format of play. But the true reality is that, IT IS NOT! Foosball originated within a bar scene when it was introduced to the common public. Think about how long the game has been around. I remember seeing the game played on_________________ Here ill leave it blank to see who can fill in the name of the table. During those begining day's, who really knew what the game was truly about. Who ever heard of a, wrist rocket, snake shot, or what we call it now, " Rollover." in those begining days.
But I would only be left to assume that if foosball originated in our homes, then the term at hand now days would be "House Hack" or Home Hacker. it sounds funny doesn't it ¿ but so does "Bar Hack.

Now back to the term HACK. Within all the 40+ years of study and performance on the table. And In my best analysis of the term hack would be. A player that just hits the ball with no reason or rhyme behind it. No structure to any part of hitting the ball. Just as NLRK/Sweater mentioned about the begining players that jar the ball off your men.

Continued) post the second half later!

When I first decided to really study the game. It was in 1979. Id already had played on all Tournament Soccer tables by then. Brown top million dollar table was the table then. But I think a BLACK TOP would have been the" king shit" with a white ball back then. Even now for the Tornado, black top would be a great contrast with a WHITE TORNADO BALL. just throwing that out there for future thought.
When TORNADO was introduced to me, I knew then that was the ultimate design for the game. And this is what I did. While the game went two separate direction's in the 80s, 1 the professional world as we all know about that, and 2 the beginning faze when a new player is exposed to the mechanic's of the game, otherwise known as bar hacks.

Now when the professional world of the game went on, I stayed home and studied the game, applying diagrams with coloured pencils right on the surface of the table field. I drew out everything that was standard basics, offensively and defensively, then drilled on applying it.

Shots

PULL
PUSH
PULL KICK
PUSH KICK
STRAIGHT
ANGLE
BANK

Passing

WALL
BOUNCE OFF
LANE
ANGLE OUT
ANGLE IN

Defense on goal

PULL RACE
REVERSE RACE
PUSH RACE
REVERSE PUSH RACE
THREE MAN

Forward 5 rod Defense

CENTER COVERAGE
NEAR WALL COVERAGE
FAR WALL COVERAGE

Forward 3 rod Defense

THE SEVEN DOTS OF COVERAGE

Along with all the basics of offense and defense came ball control with endless variations, from front pinning to back pinning the ball. Side foot taps, you name it, we've seen it.
I drilled and worked on everything and anything on what it took to influence the ball to target the goal, no matter where the ball was, at any given moment from 1 second to 15..

(Continued) last debate on hack posted later!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:45:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Old Sweater  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:23:38 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Bar rules in Junction were always no 5 bar shots and every point has to be clean.

----------

Yep, one guy in Littleton called them Pro Rules. He didn't have the answer for the windmill miss-hit that went in clean.

Not real sure on this but I think the first foosball table I seen was in 1969 in the penny arcade in Manitou Springs. Pretty sure it had a bubble on the top.

For sure, the first time I spun the handles was in 1971 at the Giuseppe's in Downtown Springs. Then also in 71 the foosball boom hit most of the 3.2 joints in Pueblo. The first Metro place I played at was the Giuseppe's on the hill in Boulder that had a fair amount of Middle East players. Fall of 72.

BTW- I was Champ in the first advertised tournament held in Pueblo in 71. I held the pit rods for an army brat that grew up in Germany, that I went to HS with. Had a pull and push shot with a table thumping distraction jar of the 5 he used at times.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:56:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bigcity  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:13:08 AM(UTC)
bigcity

Originally Posted by: Old Sweater Go to Quoted Post

----------

Yep, one guy in Littleton called them Pro Rules. He didn't have the answer for the windmill miss-hit that went in clean.

Not real sure on this but I think the first foosball table I seen was in 1969 in the penny arcade in Manitou Springs. Pretty sure it had a bubble on the top.

For sure, the first time I spun the handles was in 1971 at the Giuseppe's in Downtown Springs. Then also in 71 the foosball boom hit most of the 3.2 joints in Pueblo. The first Metro place I played at was the Giuseppe's on the hill in Boulder that had a fair amount of Middle East players. Fall of 72.

BTW- I was Champ in the first advertised tournament held in Pueblo in 71. I held the pit rods for an army brat that grew up in Germany, that I went to HS with. Had a pull and push shot with a table thumping distraction jar of the 5 he used at times.

Cool info Walter! Thanks for sharing. I am a fan of the games origins!

DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:52:56 AM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

Good stuff Sweater!

First time I remember actually playing was about 1975-76, my parents friends had a table, I was about 8-9ish, not to be confused with-- Gym&Rodriquez's infamous 69ish.

Trashy70's-kid
Old Sweater  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:58:02 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

First table in Pueblo I played on was at Porky's on N Elizabeth in 71. It was a 21 year old joint and some bikers took exception to teenagers playing foos, they asked us to leave, so we did and never went back. Then a bit later in 71 TS was put in a lot of the 3.2 joints, Giuseppe's, Saint George and the Dragon, TJ's and some others. 25 cent foos(11 balls) and 30 cent draws. TS was also in Lyons 73, Breck 73-74 at the ? Angel, the Moose Inn in Frisco had a table I don't know the make of and I believe the Wheel Bar in Estes had a TS, not to sure. There wasn't no foosball tables in Cañon City? Then no foos for me until the Winners Circle got a TS, then later a tornado during the middle 90's. Then I met you guys in 1997-present.
jediR.O.T.N.  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:18:57 AM(UTC)
jediR.O.T.N.

Originally Posted by: bigcity Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Old Sweater Go to Quoted Post

----------

Cool info Walter! Thanks for sharing. I am a fan of the games origins!

The bubble that was on alot of the tables were designed to keep the ball from flying out and to prohibit the players from stealing the balls, or in case 1 ball.
WOW, and to think I once played this game with the same old ball over and over and over. The ball would come out of this single hole and set inside three rods from the drop hole to the serving cup to serve the ball. The other team never served the ball. "Yeah the good old day's of OLD SCHOOL HACKING.
Sure is nice to have a full rack now days! ,nine to choose from, from fluff ball to marble ball.

Sweater you mentioned Giuseppe's in Manitou Springs, and Giuseppe's on the hill in Boulder. Was it a franchise name?

I ask this because if it was published in the paper, and there was a picture taken of the winning team. Then I at one time and still may have a paper clipping of you standing at a table with a German.. its possible that could have been you? Not sure but I would have to find the picture again. I think I still have a few articles of FOOS NEWS packed away somewhere.

Jedi

jediR.O.T.N.  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:22:52 AM(UTC)
jediR.O.T.N.

During the late 60's and early 70's. There was a St George and the Dragon here in Greeley on 8th ave along with a location named,The Pull Shot" they had three Tournament Soccer Blue Top table's. Then later Funland arcade was the foosball scene that got me rolling in the game. I was close friends with the owner and management. Jackie Hill would set me up with a round bank bag of Tokens every week for five bucks. After adding 5 coins for a dollar, I would generally have 40- 70 dollars in tokens every week, for the duration of fifteen years. Till the owner sold the place. The tables played on tokens and I was a foosin.

Nothing really happend in Greeley untill Shelly did the foos scene at the Family Fun center in the early first years of the 90's. Then that died off untill the days of "U.C.B" and The "Smiling Moose"during the turn of the century. Then popped up Scooters Hosted by Bob Grasser, that we lost sometime later sad to say. The place changed names and it became Ricks libation. Later on Rick Committed suicide and that location fell like a rock after our lost fallen warrior Bob Grasser.

And then "The Study Hall. and we all know the times of those days. Now during these last 7 years later we have the T.S.K.&B.B. running the scene. Foosball in Greeley has been silent for about the last 7 years.
Where a player named jedi travels elsewhere to battle.

No need to give history of FortCollins that was before T.S.K.& B.B. because we all know that history, like the back of our hands.

JediR.O.T.N. teacher

Edited by user Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:00:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Old Sweater  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:15:15 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

I believe the original Giuseppe's in downtown Colo Springs is still there. They opened two others in the early 70's one in my hometown of Pueblo that had a 3.2 bar and the other one on the Hill in Boulder, I forget if the Boulder Giuseppe's was 3.2 or a 6% bar. The Pueblo Giuseppe's shut down in the middle 70"s and I'm guessing here, but I think the Boulder Giuseppe's followed suit. After playing foos at Giuseppe's and the Dark Horse? In Boulder I didn't go back to that town until it was work related.

Davin is to young to remember the Giuseppe's in Boulder but I had heard about it in Pueblo and it was the main purpose I drove to Boulder from Lyons.