May 16 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cass  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 4:30:18 AM(UTC)
Cass

I also posted this on the other thread about Thursdays.... Just want to get it out there.

I can, without a doubt, tell you ALL that the player base at 404 (actually called "Brendan's Pub") does not give a licking 2 shits about WHO shows up and their experience level. All they care about is foosball. A few of my friends that were only "serious" players (or whatever you wanna call it) have been showing up consistently lately and they LOVE the fire and happiness this tourney reignites. All the lower level players there love learning from the great players and getting advice and seeing what foosball really can be. They are not the "beginners" they once were.. they have all put in the effort and want to be great. You can go to 404 any day of the week and find at least SOMEONE playing the tables there.

All we ask is:

- We understand the lighting situation isn't IDEAL... that comes with money coming into the bar on foos nights (don't be cheap if you want new lights/tables/men etc because those things are coming outta Dave Torrelli's pocket {and a few more} or if you have something to donate that would be very nice). :)
- Yes, there are "ONLY 2 tables" but its single elimination. Goes quickly.
-Please understand that a lot of these players don't know some of the weird OFFICIAL rules, but you can always stop a game and tell them what they did wrong. They really do want to learn and enjoy the competitive sportsmanship of the players that want to help grow the scene. This is their only place to play... without us they just simply don't KNOW they are doing something "wrong". Tell them. Nicely. They will respond and correct.
-Be a good sport. Some nights you may draw the beginingest beginner, but some nights you may draw Kane. Or Roger. Or Boogie. Dustin. CJ. Randy. ETC. If you all really want to help "grow the sport" then this is the opportunity to HELP without putting in a whole lot your own time and effort. Just help people continue to love to play, because these players REALLY do love to play the game. It isn't about who wins/loses etc. They just want to play and learn.
-If you don't want to help them learn and grow the sport, then really they probably don't want you there.
Bottom line: Just don't be a jerk bag and you'll always be welcomed and wanted into the sport that we all LOVE!

So ask yourself.... CAN you, WILL you, and do you WANT to help the sport? Everyone says so..... But if you truly want to help the sport again, go to 404. It doesn't matter what time, what day, there is usually SOMEONE there playing. Introduce yourselves.

On a side note.... A lot of you know by now that someone kicked Zack and me out of BC's. This doesn't mean we aren't around anymore, or that we "retired" blah blah blah. We are still around and still play regularly and always love people to come play with us. If you don't have my new phone number you can PM me or talk to Zack and we can always meet up and have sessions or impromptu tourneys. At Zacks, at yours, at a bar, wherever. Dont forget about us! :) haha

There is some exciting news on the horizon for the future of Monday and Tuesday night foosball tourneys.... I'll get back to you all later this week with the details. (I know we've all heard this before elsewhere, but this is coming and we would LOVE your support!)

DENVER METRO FOOSBALL WILL RISE AGAIN! haha

Miss ya'll! xoxo
FooserX  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 3:56:08 PM(UTC)
FooserX

I guess you’re the leader of the 404!

Lol

That’s like the ewoks worshipping C3PO.

We’ll see where this tourney is in 6 months if more tour players start going.
"When I get to the table, that person, I don't care who they are, they're my mortal enemy. I hate them. " - John Grizzly
#3 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 4:09:41 PM(UTC)

Some people may find Scott's negativity annoying. I find it entertaining.
Slice/  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 4:21:17 PM(UTC)
Slice/

Originally Posted by: 777 Go to Quoted Post
Some people may find Scott's nakedtivity annoying. I find it entertaining.

fixed
Cass  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 6:12:20 PM(UTC)
Cass

I actually have nothing to do with this tourney. I'm just tired of hearing all this blah blah blah when you actually know nothing about it and no one else will post about it because they didnt know either. Info shared and that's all I have.

Originally Posted by: FooserX Go to Quoted Post
I guess you’re the leader of the 404!

Lol

That’s like the ewoks worshipping C3PO.

We’ll see where this tourney is in 6 months if more tour players start going.

FooserX  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 6:21:08 PM(UTC)
FooserX

I don't need to know!

You know why??? Because this same type of tourney pops up ALL THE TIME around here. There's probably 2 or 3 other places going on now too just like that.

Look at the success with the Boulder tourneys. I think we can all agree Davin is largely to credit for CO Foosball success. He had a great formula that kept players separate from each other. He didn't let tour caliber players play the beginner nights, and he didn't let beginners play in the Tues night tourney until they proved themselves. He let them grow and gain confidence at their own pace.

You start introducing badasses in there, with recoils, and maybe some heated arguments...and...whatever 3PO...Thanks for letting us know it's the best tourney now.

X

Edited by user Friday, February 27, 2015 6:22:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"When I get to the table, that person, I don't care who they are, they're my mortal enemy. I hate them. " - John Grizzly
Bolson  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 5:28:58 PM(UTC)
Bolson

Man

such a Negative Nancy
Slice/  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 5:32:58 PM(UTC)
Slice/

Originally Posted by: Bolson Go to Quoted Post
such a Negative Nancy

Cassi's actually pretty cool.
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 5:35:31 PM(UTC)

I found it entertaining.
Big Ross  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:14:33 PM(UTC)
Big Ross

Originally Posted by: Slice/ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 777 Go to Quoted Post
Some people may find Scott's nakedtivity annoying. I find it entertaining.

fixed

Gold.
Carter  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 2:00:06 PM(UTC)
Carter

A friend of a friend has been visiting in Westminster and was looking for a place to play Thursday before traveling back home Friday. With that said, is this tourney still happening on Thursday? An address and start time would be helpful. From what I understand, he is a high level/pro level player. Thanks in advance.
Slice/  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 2:25:18 PM(UTC)
Slice/

Why is everybody being so secretive about this 'pro/expert's' name that is visiting in Westminster? I saw a similar post on the EZ Board. Glenn Zuckerman was looking for a partner last Friday but ended up not playing. Now unless this is Glenn Zuckerman you are referring to, then this mystery player missed out on playing last Friday along with Glenn.
I've never been to 404 but I believe the start time has been posted in a thread on this board as 11:00 or 11:30 PM. Cassi says the place is called Brendon's Pub on 404 Broadway.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:01:36 PM(UTC)

This friend doesn't seem to interested in playing, from what I can tell.
Carter  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:06:23 PM(UTC)
Carter

Thanks Slice. It is not Glenn Z.. All I know is his first name is Brian and he is a very good player. I believe he is going to make it to our Wednesday session tomorrow night.
durangofoos  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:03:55 AM(UTC)
durangofoos

I am unclear. This is a dyp at Brendan's Pub at what time and what night?

Thanks,
Phil
Slice/  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:20:11 AM(UTC)
Slice/

For those foosers apparently struggling with English, what I decipher from this thread is that the tourney is on Thursday nights with the start time at either 11:00 or 11:30 PM at Brendon's Pub on 404 Broadway in Denver on two tables with suspect lightning, and it is a DYP. I've never been to this tourney, only read the threads.

Also, Phil is not the pro/expert player from the East Coast visiting in Westminster. Besides the fact that he goes by durangofoos, I've seen him play. Definitely not pro/expert but if he goes to Brendon's, he may be that beginner you fear drawing!:)))))))). (sorry Phil, I just had to have a little fun. It was actually great seeing you a couple of weeks ago at BC's. I've been to Durango, it might as well be the East Coast)

Slice/(nofastdirectroutetodurango)
DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:40:10 AM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

Does anyone know where this tourney is at 404 Broadway?

WhatTheHellIsGoingOnInHereTrashy
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:55:04 AM(UTC)

This thread sucks.
Slice/  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 3:26:42 AM(UTC)
Slice/

Originally Posted by: DJ Trash-O-Matic Go to Quoted Post

You guys are making me ill. Does anybody have the number to 911?
jediR.O.T.N.  
#20 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2015 2:20:13 AM(UTC)
jediR.O.T.N.

Originally Posted by: Slice/ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DJ Trash-O-Matic Go to Quoted Post

You guys are making me ill. Does anybody have the number to 911?

This thread reminds me when i post...you Slice/ never get the true english of the pages.
Either you miss something and then your confused, or you add more to what I said.

oh the # to 911 is, IAA, or if you turn a phone upside down the # is 611, or its 1 high # and 2 low #'s.

anyway are you confused?

jedi
Foosball,the #1 brutal & corrupted game of rank on earth,
ruled & Controlled on & off the table.