May 17 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
victor  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 3:53:00 PM(UTC)
victor

Be there by 6:45pm.
victor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:37:46 PM(UTC)
victor

1st Sean / Wil
2nd Victor / Hans
3rd John / Masha
4th Rob / Chris
5/6th Dawa / Ellen
5/6th Luis / George
7/8th Jerry / Kevin
7/8th Paul / Felipe
9/10th Joey / Mads
9/10th Jerry / Mike O

Big night. A lot, a lot of good teams. Sorry Hans I let it slip away from us. FYI Ellen/Dawa had us beat, Hans had to bail us out of that one.
DeVito  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:09:01 PM(UTC)
DeVito

Too Bad about Ellen/Dawa ... would have rather had another shot at them after they put us in the losers bracket, in our very first match.

I knew Vic & Hans would obviously be tough for us ... still can't match-up with Vic's 5-Bar, but doing better. And lately my Role-Over & Euro-Toe Defense has been 10 Times better than my Pull Defense. As I think Sean or Paul ~OR~ Victor or Luis will attest to :)

Just not comfortable with the Pull lately. Either, I'm slower or I've made you all adjust your shots to be faster :P. Been practicing so much 5 & 3-Bar, that I've lost a step or two in the back. Maybe it's cause I always played keeper and now that I've gotten a taste of offense, the pits just lacks some luster.

Based on last night, If I had to rank in order of toughest to defend, pulls would dominate...

1) Victor (mixing up Longs, 2/3 Dots, and Straights with beauty)
2) Luis (Reading the defense and using impeccable timing)
3) Kevin (if he sticks to strictly shooting Pulls / No Banks or Pull-Push Kicks)
4) Wil (Push & Pull Kicks are fast as ever, but don't sleep on that dink)
5) Then in order Sean, John, Paul, Brand, Dawa, Ellen, and Jerry.

Next DYP I'm making an effort to play tournament level defense to see if I still got it.

Thanks Chris... I had fun.
wil0567  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:06:45 PM(UTC)
wil0567

Great commentary Rob !!

I played the best defense I ve played so far . I think after all these years something clicked defesenvily .Not saying it was good , just good by comparision vfrom the way i played before

looking forward to defending better going forward , many intricate elements must come together .

Wil
victor  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:06:06 PM(UTC)
victor

To Rob... I know when I spend too much time playing front, I lose all my defensive chops. Right now I'm probably the worst goalie at Fat Cat. Almost everybody shot 100% on me last week when I was playing with Dawa.

Also I don't think my shot has changed. You're definitely letting me score shots I'm expecting you to block. Fortunately for me, I always shoot the way I want and adjust from there.

Wil... props for changing your defense up. Shooting on you used to be like taking candy from a baby... now it's like trying to take it from a teenager who's scratching, clawing and trying to poke my eyes out. Good battling. Good blocking. You have redeemed yourself.