Sep 21 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
FooserX  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 9:33:36 AM(UTC)
FooserX

Wow - all I can say is TSK went all out with this year's CO state! The venue is badass! You have to see it to appreciate it!

Monster turnout as expected! I swear I never even seen half these people.

Congrats guys, and thanks for everyone involved for all their hard work!

X
"When I get to the table, that person, I don't care who they are, they're my mortal enemy. I hate them. " - John Grizzly
What Monkeys Eat  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 10:25:41 AM(UTC)
What Monkeys Eat

Kudos to Sheri, Tim, and Tommy awesome job!
Slice/  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 2:43:01 PM(UTC)
Slice/

Yes Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

That foos room is unbelievable!

Hip Hip Hooray for TTSK!

Thank you also to everybody helping to make this the best foos venture ever!
Old Sweater  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 3:15:48 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Best big room state I've ever been to! Great viewing for every table I watched, plus I finally got to see Gummeson, Stayce, Moya play and Loffredo for just the 2nd time. The inductions of Bowers & Loffredo into the CHOF was outstanding! Chiefs speech was a GRAND SLAM!
KevinC  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 4:42:37 AM(UTC)
KevinC

Awesome weekend and amazing group of people!! Thanks for the humility and the inspiration! See you next time!

Old Sweater  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 4:38:20 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Originally Posted by: Old Sweater Go to Quoted Post
Best big room state I've ever been to! Great viewing for every table I watched, plus I finally got to see Gummeson, Stayce, Moya play and Loffredo for just the 2nd time. The inductions of Bowers & Loffredo into the CHOF was outstanding! Chiefs speech was a GRAND SLAM!

Add Vick to that list and now I can put a face to Car-Penis and no, not that way pervs.

Congrats all!

Edited by user Monday, November 11, 2013 4:39:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dethelf  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 7:46:56 PM(UTC)
dethelf

Hail to The Chief!!

i'll tell ya, that is one dude who you could jus sit back and listen to for days on end.

congrats to Chief and Deadrod Todd, you guys are sick!
Carter  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:59:59 PM(UTC)
Carter

What a great weekend! The tournament location, people, and TSK and staff made this a memorable tournament. The level of play was higher then I have ever seen at any major for all rank levels. People from all over the country really practiced for this tourney. I could help but think it was kind of like the big tourney back in 1974. Of course, I wasn't there or even playing foos then. The whole weekend and tournament had a feeling that it was for the players by the players. Kind of like a celebration of players and our game. Champs speech was awesome and well prepared. And Bowers stories were also interesting. The only cons was waiting for events. More tables were needed for the turn out (245+?). I need to apologize to my partners (Nail, Oda, and Stevie) for by piss poor performance. Goalie wars swelled my wrist up, and I could executed a shot or pass after Friday to save my life. Someone I was talking to mentioned, it would have been nice to see beginners play free and charge them next year. Average age of our player base seems to be constantly increasing. We need to find a way to help gain interest with the youths. When I was 17, 35 and over doubles seemed like it was for all of the old players. I would have to say average age of the players this weekend was probably over 35+ years.

Almost forgot to mentioned, how awesome it was to see NOCO Rambo keep multiple titles in the state of Colorado! You da man!
Dubs  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 11:22:42 PM(UTC)
Dubs

Unbelievable venue! Thanks so much Tommy, Sheri, Tim (and all of their helpers)!!

I can't wait for next year!!!
Avg_Fooser  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 11:25:09 PM(UTC)
Avg_Fooser

WOW!!! Great Job! TSK and Baller. Amazing room set up, huge turnout. I can't imagine the stress you guys were feeling leading up to and through this weekend. There were some hiccups, but that comes with running your first big tourney. All brackets at all levels were crazy. I remember scouting pro singles after it was drawn up and finding some of the players I wanted to watch and all of them had a brutal first 3 match stretch. Boogie played Shaw, Mark Brubaker played Warren, Sticky and X played and then got to face some combo of Zeke, Jack Lenty, or Sprouse... just nuts!

It seemed like Netfoos might have a "broken" bracket where if you beat someone then lost your next match, there was a real chance you would play the same person you just beat.