Sep 21 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
race-2/5  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:51:47 AM(UTC)
race-2/5

In the process of trying to correct the points reset or stop pros from playing down in amateur or lower events I, Tommy, overlooked the pro event now having an elite bracket. Not wanting to keep adding new levels to the sport I set the points totally by accident at a master level.
The points for the pro event will now be cut off at 4999 just as they have been with other tournaments. If you are an elite player/ master you will play risk free here at Colorado State and if you have any questions or concerns please call me at 720-684-8161
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to the elite players
bigcity  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:05:32 AM(UTC)
bigcity

Originally Posted by: race-2/5 Go to Quoted Post
In the process of trying to correct the points reset or stop pros from playing down in amateur or lower events I, Tommy, overlooked the pro event now having an elite bracket. Not wanting to keep adding new levels to the sport I set the points totally by accident at a master level.
The points for the pro event will now be cut off at 4999 just as they have been with other tournaments. If you are an elite player/ master you will play risk free here at Colorado State and if you have any questions or concerns please call me at 720-684-8161
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to the elite players

Bad idea in my opinion. People have planned their trip for months because a flier produced. This change is only being made because of a side bet and some people whining about it. I do respect the risk free offer but you can't make a change less than a week before a big tournament. I applaud what your trying to do but I think the negatives out weigh the positives in making any changes this late.

Either way I respect your decision but don't base this off a side bet that has nothing to do with the tournament.

Alright Ben state how my opinion doesn't matter and Boogs go on a rampage of bitching.
FooserX  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:18:43 AM(UTC)
FooserX

I want to agree with you City, but I think TSK made the right call.

1 - I went down the list that Tommy posted of players coming, and there were only a few Elites. 5? 6 maybe? 5 vs. how many experts and pros that deserve their own event?

2 - Those elites, some are World Champions, and very strong players...those players will definitely understand. They know they are at the top of the foos chain. They clubbed the pro division for tourstop after tourstop when there wasn't an elite division.

But you are right, City - making the change just days before the event....that is pushing it for any player who made plans and this one event as a deal breaker. There are other events though for everyone to play, so I think even elites will be satisfied. Open events, DYP, FSO, handicapped, Pro Am...that's still a lot of foosball.

No one wants to beat up on weak players...(well...except for Boogie when he won all his expert titles when he got dropped. lol)

"When I get to the table, that person, I don't care who they are, they're my mortal enemy. I hate them. " - John Grizzly
bigcity  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:35:17 AM(UTC)
bigcity

X I agree with you on most of your points as well, but how many pro players go to a tournament because they get a ton of events to enter? Elites for that matter? If I was an elite rank I would have looked at this as a good chance to supplement my trip by smashing nerds in the pro events and not fighting for a top 5 in open. Oh well I am sure it will be a success either way and if it pisses off less players than it benefits it was the right decision. IFP seem to care about only benefitting one person so it is a huge improvement.

Good luck to all and I hope it is a huge success, sounds like it already will be. Me and Bill Bell however will not be coming because we can't play pro dubs together........hahaha
Boogie  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 7:04:31 AM(UTC)
Boogie

I agree with this whole thread, thanks Tommy for the points change. City, I love you and I am sorry you and Bill Bell cannot play.