May 04 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
victor  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 11:36:12 PM(UTC)
victor

Be there by 6:45pm
DeVito  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:23:11 PM(UTC)
DeVito

Not 100% sure about anything after 4th place, but think it went something like this.
Please chime in and correct me if I'm off ...

1st Nick / Rob
2nd Kevin K / Chris B
3rd Ilya / Henry
4th Wil / Carlos
5/6 Randy / Matteo
5/6 Tim / Jacob
7/8 Jerry / Vlad
7/8 Kevin W / Teddy
9/10 Kevin W / Felipe
9/10 New Girl & Guy

DD.

Some intense matches last night ...

As usual Wil refused to give up the fight and had an impressive come-back win over Randy/Matteo. Carlos is getting better and better ... made some impressive hard blocks off of Matteo's rockets from the 2 Rod ... with some nice dumps down the field that Wil was able to regularly corral with beautiful hand/eye coordination.

Nice Job Ilya/Henry !!! Didn't get to see their match over Wil/Carlos, but they gave us a run for our money. Had to switch with Nick, who did a great job scoring on Henry with Pull Shots .. and I was able to score the game winner with a 2-Rod drifting pull.

Nick and I kept that scenario going into the finals switching often on Kevin & Chris. Kevin's 5-Bar is getting nasty ... Tic Tac'ing between Lane and Wall passes. And Chris had a great read on all my different shots. They rolled over us handedly to put us into the losers bracket. By the time the finals came around, we were all a bit tired, and I was able to defend his 5 much better, but still had alot of trouble scoring on Chris. Kevin's Long Pull was redic again last night ... he had a couple beautiful Dead Bar pulls on me. In the end, we were able to scrap out the win, with some great shuffle defense from Nick and a Dink shot I was finally able to get past Chris.

ALSO ... A special Shout-Out to LEE for a Late Night showing at of nowhere for some Pick-Up games !!!

Although we got it all right in the end ... Thanks to everyone for Zero complaints on the "as usual" debacle Wil made of the Bracket Sheet :)
redbeardbike  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:08:51 PM(UTC)
redbeardbike

Rob and Nick owned the final match. As soon as Chris got a read on Rob, they'd switch and it would all go south. Nick's clearing from the back seemed chaotic but was very effective. And his pull shot is getting better.

Kevin and Chris looked in control but not nearly as hungry as Rob and Nick were.

And my shoulder is sore from a full night of playing forward. Thanks to Henry for letting me try it and I'll work on catching you passes.
wil0567  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:08:41 PM(UTC)
wil0567

Great analysis of the night

Had to perform surgery on the bracket , people came late out of nowhere.

Plus we had 5 Kevin s

Wil

Rob two in row.

We are ending this next Tuesday
kev  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:23:22 PM(UTC)
kev

Great playing Rob and Nick!

The finals weren't recorded. Table 1 had a random pickup game going on and the players didn't want to give up their table. I'll set up another stand on Table 2 next week just in case.
Go long or go home.
universepr  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 8:48:50 PM(UTC)
universepr

Man

Did you at least record the pick up game?