May 03 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
victor  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 4:36:16 PM(UTC)
victor

Sorry for the late post, but life has been pretty hectic.

Huge props to the Maryland crowd. It's a big foosball party and someone has to stay up and babysit. Thanks to Chun, Kristin & Chris for running things and everybody else that helped make it happen.

Also huge props to all of NYC foosball. I'm proud to be part of the local scene here. We must have had the biggest representation of any other area. We had over 20 people attend with a huge beginner turnout. This is how foosball should be, we share our love and passion for the game to everybody we can. Our community/family/whatever you want to call it, is one of my favorites ever. Plus I was excited to see a lot of people go to their very first tournament.

Thanks to Teddy for taking time to take some pictures. This is one of my favorites.

UserPostedImage

Click here to see more

http://client.teddywolff...mdstatefoosball2016small

I didn't play so well. But I did have a few good memories.

Paul and I put a little scare into Ryan Moore / Jerry Todd in OD. I haven't seen Ryan go in back to block (Paul).... maybe ever in OD. We had a few chances to take them to 5 games. But regardless that was a fun match.

Handicapped Doubles with Chris against Tony Spredeman/Davin. Paul was reffing that match so you'll have to ask him about it. Although it was an embarrassing game, it was still quite memorable. My apologizes to all the suffered through our marathon match.

Expert Doubles... with Burns (playing back). Our first match was against Rocco/Pat Ryan. We lose first game 5-0. It was a good wake up call, I knew we were in trouble if I couldn't figure Rocco out. We pull out that match with good strategy and timeouts. After beating those guys I thought we'd be ok in Expert Doubles. But lesson learned never let up. I let up and we end up losing our next two. Rocco/Pat and I'm guessing never let up. They ended up winning via double dip. Props to those guys.

Pro Doubs... Dawa (playing front). Sorry Dawa, never quite got comfortable playing front all weekend. I need to change a few things before I should play front again. Plus everybody in the room was flat out racing my pull... getting old.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 4, 2016 4:40:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

maryland foosball  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 6:26:21 AM(UTC)
maryland foosball

the NYC crew are an awesome group of players. it was great to see all the new faces as well as old friends. You guys definitely outnumbered any group from any other place. much appreciation goes out to Vic for growing the scene and supporting our annual event. i hope everyone had fun, learned new things, met and made new friends.

props to teddy for taking amazing pics. it really added something special to the feeling of the tournament. you have a great eye for capturing the moment.

what fun it was playing handicapped doubles with you Dawa. i think if i played a little better, we could have gone a lot further...maybe next time.

thanks again to all of you and i hope to see you next year.

the gang at Maryland Foosball