Sep 21 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
FooserX  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 3:25:50 PM(UTC)
FooserX

Super big props to all that put in work into the Hall of Fame ceremony. It really was touching and wonderful.

My favorite part was Chief telling everyone what he thought it meant to be the best player in the world - "because he did more than everyone else. If someone was doing 100 passes a day, he would do 200." Good stuff.

My only comment, and this is more of an after thought, is that you HAVE to put in Spear first ballot. I am not sure who decides who goes in, and when, but given Spear's condition...they really needed to put him in now before things deteriorate. Not sure where he'll be in another year.

X
"When I get to the table, that person, I don't care who they are, they're my mortal enemy. I hate them. " - John Grizzly
Dustin Gatliff  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 4:00:12 PM(UTC)
Dustin Gatliff

Originally Posted by: FooserX Go to Quoted Post

My favorite part was Chief telling everyone what he thought it meant to be the best player in the world - "because he did more than everyone else. If someone was doing 100 passes a day, he would do 200." Good stuff.
X

That was the part that immediately sunk in and made me think "oh shit, I really need to practice a LOT more".

Very good job with the entire ceremony. I knew nothing about Mike Bowers beforehand and now I have a ton of respect and admiration for him.
Pinalyzer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:57:09 PM(UTC)
Pinalyzer

I loved the part when Rob says that Bowers scored 15 points in a row to win the title and then Todd ever the foos historion corrects him, it was 17 straight with 2 going in and out which I guess didn't count back then.

Colorado has a long and proud tradition that grows and grows in foosball lore for sure.
The Pinalyzer - Backpin Extraordinaire
The Pinalyzer world of Foosball