Apr 16 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Old Sweater  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:29:33 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

I wasn’t there every week, not even one week but I followed the results online and not once was it mentioned that the first 10 weeks were just a qualifier. Honestly, I thought Jedi had that tourney locked about half way through it. And yes, ROTN is just an acronym, but anyone on the board knows I was the originator of it and I gave the title to Jedi. I find it ridiculous Matt, that a lot of foosers say the Jedi don’t win anything but try to rob him out of a title an old man gave him. Takes a degree of hate to do that, wouldn’t you say Matt? That 16-20 week point race was a bigger win than any expert title because there was pros there. And that was a recent win, not a 2013 win which I believe is the last time you took state titles (rookie singles)which along with your doubles victory(amateur)with Gatliff was your last podium finishes at state. Jedi has had 2 podium placings since then with a Pro Master denying him a first. Jedi also took senior doubles with Tony and the expert singles Fireball title which was our state that year ran by Mares & Cheez. I try and stay connected with Jedi online but as far as hanging out, foosball is the only common. This July 15th I’ll be a 22yr sober drunk, so hanging around bars isn’t the best choice for me and foosball tournaments support drinking & driving, so I won’t support that no longer. Misfits as a matter of fact just recently over-served a guy that killed a young women. This was done when tourneys were there.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:40:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Cause my ass was itching

Slice/  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:49:37 PM(UTC)
Slice/

That Fireball tournament wasn’t actually the Colorado State tournament that year if I remember correctly. I think they referred to it as the Rocky Mountain Open. That was a good win for Jedi. I wonder who took second to Matt and Dustin that year at 6:00 AM in the morning the following day. :-(
Old Sweater  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:34:49 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Can’t remember the names of the 2nd place finishers but one of them fell off the edge of the earth and the other one has had 1 more podium finish in senior doubles 2015

edit: looking at the Slingshot app and wondering how you got amateur singles pts Jim?? Have you ever entered singles?

Edited by user Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:40:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Makes my dick hard!

Slice/  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:00:52 AM(UTC)
Slice/

I actually did play some singles earlier Sweater and had okay results. Enough to get points but not earn cash or titles. In Vegas I beat Jerry Todd in OS to get the chance to play Tracy Mcmillan, even took a game off of him. I beat Teezy, Mike Billerakis, and Darcy Scaife in amateur singles in that tourney before they took it serious and got better. I’m okay at singles just too lazy and tired to battle in it for a whole tourney.
That was a good run that Kraus and I had in senior dubs. We beat Pimp and Jedi. Ended up losing to Loffredo and Arthur Mitchell who won it but I had Todd tell me nice blocking after the match. That made my foos career! I couldn’t block him back in 1978-80 when I first played.
Rambo  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:10:29 AM(UTC)
Rambo

Hey, Walter, am I on here touting about being a self proclaimed "Master"? Oracle? Teacher? Pro? Jedi?

No, I am not.

But thanks for digging up that old information for me. That was time well spent on your part.

When there is a designated tournament for the rights to be "Ruler of the North", that title goes to the person who won the tournament. And that was not Miller. That is as clear as it can be. If there was never a tournament that awarded that title out to the winner, this conversation would not be taking place. Nobody would be trying to "rob" Miller out of something that did not exist.

You are creating all the hate, Walter. Everybody on this board is just pointing out the obvious.

You can claim rights to the ROTN title, and give it to whomever you so choose Walter. But, everybody else in the foos scene knows it's just an old man picking favorites, and it holds no bearing on the actual title that was won at a designated tournament.

Winning an Expert title is exponentially harder than winning a 16-20 week bar tournament. It's a BAR TOURNAMENT. People are there to have a good time, have some drinks and laughs, play some foosball. If there was a direct correlation between a 16 week bar tournament and a Expert title, Miller would have a Expert title by now. But, he does not. It is a completely different mind set playing a major compared to a local bar tournament. One Pro at a local tournament holds no weight to 100+ really good Experts in a single bracket all gunning for a Jacket and $500. Nobody is discrediting him for a 16 week local win. It's comparing apples to oranges when in the talks of a major title, though. Nobody truly gives a shit about $50 at a local tournament compared to winning a title. Ask any fooser out there what they would prefer to win; a 16 week local bar tournament, or an Expert Singles title at a major tournament.

Walter, you are so busy defending Miller that you fail to see the actuality of the matter. Nobody on here has said they do not want to see Miller win a major title, myself included. He can win 100 titles, nobody would care. I would venture to guess 75%+ of the local foosers would congratulate him on winning a title, myself included. And nobody would try to "rob" him of anything.
But, when someone runs their mouth, with nothing to back up the hilariously delusional claims, this is the back draft that will ensue. If Tony or Robbie were on here saying what Miller says, everybody would be "Yeah, I can't argue that." But when Miller says it, with nothing to back up his claims, he sounds like an arrogant idiot.

Nothing is black and white, except for winning and losing.
Rambo  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:14:11 AM(UTC)
Rambo

Was that you across the table in doubles, Jimbo?!

It was hard to see at that stage of the game.

Sucks someone had to lose that match.

But not really.

I couldn't stand any longer my freaking feet hurt so bad.

:-)
DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:50:52 AM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

Well said Matt!

Trashy
Slice/  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:08:15 AM(UTC)
Slice/

That was brutal for sure brother. I’m glad it was us 3 1/2 in the final. (Poor Tim was only half there at that time of the morning) It would’ve really sucked to lose to anybody but you guys! If it wasn’t for that ‘fore mentioned Darcy Scaife we could’ve played that match at like 5 AM and you would’ve been the singles champ!
Old Sweater  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:31:19 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Blah blah blah Matt. Everyone on the board knows I originally came up with Ruler of the North which is Jedi. No one has won more tourneys up there than Jedi. Cam seen all the controversy created with my title and ran a mock tourney. Acronyms are a dime a dozen, seems like a college kid promoting could have came up with his own. ROMT Ruler of Mock Tourney.

Old Sweater the Creator & Originator of ROTN Ruler of the North
Old Sweater  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:38:08 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Originally Posted by: DJ Trash-O-Matic Go to Quoted Post
Well said Matt!

Trashy

haha, ol Daddy Issues strikes again! You’re in your 50’s now I believe. Do you still go around the tourney room bending people’s ears about your mean daddy? LoL 😂
Old Sweater  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:52:20 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

This board has been deader than a doornail till I bring up an old ROTN post. Good(few) or bad(most) players still want to talk about the Jedi, the true certified ROTN!!
DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:20:00 PM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

You're projecting again Walter. I think your time might be much better spent looking for the latest self driving wheelchair.

Trashy
Old Sweater  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:48:11 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

You're projecting again Walter. I think your time might be much better spent looking for the latest self driving wheelchair.

Trashy

There is nothing you can do about aging but there is something you can do crying about daddy Robin dear. LoL 😂😂😂
DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:15:45 PM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

It's ok Walter I'll be alright.

I'm done responding to you.
You used to be one of the people I enjoyed talking to.

Oh well

Trashy
Rambo  
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:31:56 AM(UTC)
Rambo

Originally Posted by: Old Sweater Go to Quoted Post
Blah blah blah

Hahahaha! That is the most intelligent thing you have ever said on this board, Walter.

Ever so gracious in defeat, just like Miller. Whine and pout, stomp your feet, get defensive and make a scene. You're in your 70's and act like a adolescent child, just like Miller. We are talking about foosball, and you make it personal. The more you talk, the more you prove everybody right. It's great!

No need to bother with him, Trashy. Birds of a feather flock together. Those two Cuckoo birds can share a pacifier and pretend how awesome they are.

Because I know you won't understand why I used Cuckoo birds as a reference, Walter. I used them because they are the dumbest birds. Just like you and Miller.
Old Sweater  
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:49:02 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

haha Matt, not so dumb that I have to steal acronyms:)). A lot of you Jedi dissers are thick as thieves.

Old Sweater Originator & Creator of Ruler of the North and you damn well know it!
Old Sweater  
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:02:38 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

It's ok Walter I'll be alright.

I'm done responding to you.
You used to be one of the people I enjoyed talking to.

Oh well

Trashy

Talking to a little too much!

I asked these guys if I could get a t-shirt for you and this was their response! LoL 😂

UserPostedImage
Old Sweater  
#38 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 12:22:41 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Matt, I have 2 questions. What I’m I defeated in? a battle of words? LoL 😂

Make it 3 questions. Approximately what is your singles record vs Jedi? Try to be more honest than the stolen ROTN you deny.

Make it 4 questions. I HAVE to know! Are you related to Barry Fey?
DJ Trash-O-Matic  
#39 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 1:42:56 PM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

Holy crap Matt...that was very funny. Lmao

ExtraAchillesTrashylol
Old Sweater  
#40 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 7:09:42 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Holy crap Matt...that was very funny. Lmao

ExtraAchillesTrashylol

I’ve seen politicians pledges that sound more sincere!

Holy crap Matt? LoL 😂 at least it rhymes but not the best forum blow job you have given Robin dear..

Edited by user Friday, June 21, 2019 7:12:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: 1 cock + 1 cock = Adcock

3 Pages<123>